Over 20 volunteers from Pepsi Bottling of Auburn showed up at Libby Hill Trail on Saturday, May 19th. The group accomplished many tasks in 5 hours including:
- Clearing the Cellar Hole for the Libby Memorial
- Painting the Groomer Shed
- Removing Japanese Barberry from Turkey Trot Trail
- Painting Trail Marks for Moose Odyssey
- Cleanup of Ghost Trail
- Removal of Trash from Middle School Fields
- Trail Trimming on Moose Odyssey
- Planting of the Veteran’s Memorial Tree
The new Libby Family memorial bench (donated by Ron and Lillian Dolloff) was put into place thanks to Lin Schaefer and Carl Holmquist. The transformation at the location of the old James Libby home site was astounding! A special dedication of the bench will occur on June 2nd at 1:30 to celebrate National Trails Day.
Thanks to all the employees of Pepsi who were a great team to work with and have made a lasting contribution to Libby Hill Trails and the town of Gray!
More photos are available in our Libby Hill Picasa album.