At the Heart of it All!
Gray is known as “The Crossroads of Maine” due to the intersection of five major routes in its village center,
Routes 26, 100, 115, 202. Gray is located directly between the major cities of Lewiston and Portland. Gray is just a 15-30 minute ride to all these nearby Maine destinations: Portland, Lewiston, Freeport, Brunswick, Oxford, Yarmouth, Windham, and Naples, Maine.
Gray continues to be one of Maine’s fastest growing towns because of its affordability and central location. Blending a balance of outdoor recreation with easy access to Maine’s cultural hubs, Gray is a popular community to live and play.
Other Outdoor Activities
- Maine Wildlife Park – Many of the animals at the Maine Wildlife Park were brought here because they were injured or orphaned, or because they were human dependent – raised, sometimes illegally, in captivity. The Park serves as a permanent home for wildlife that cannot survive in the Wild. All kinds of animals are here for their protection and healing. And they’re here for you to enjoy and learn more about.
- Morgan Meadow– Spanning the towns of Raymond and Gray, this 1100 acre parcel of woodlands provides some of the wildest woods experience in southern Maine. Owned by the Maine Department of Fish and Wildlife, there are few marked trails on this property. The property contains wetlands, streams, and upland woods. Also of interest is Glover’s Wig, which is a unique boulder ridge that is perfect for exploration. Woods roads, a rough nature trail, and a series of mountain bike trails exist on the property. Access the parking area off Egypt Road near the town line of Gray and Raymond.
- Pineland Farms – This 5,000 acre property has a variety educational, food, and recreational opportunities. Located just 10 minutes from downtown Gray it is one of Maine’s premier tourist attractions.
- Maine Trail Finder – the Maine Trail Finder is a great one stop website for finding new hiking trails in Maine. Over 50 hikes within 30 minutes of Gray!
- Yarmouth Open Space Guide – over a dozen great location for hiking in Yarmouth.
- Royal River Conservation Trust – many great hikes in our bordering towns of New Gloucester, Yarmouth, and North Yarmouth.