Libby Hill has 9 miles of non-motorized trails. Since these trails intersect at multiple points it has always been a challenge for new hikers to understand where all the trails go. To assist trail users the map to the right is posted at nearly all trail intersections. Trail blazes are color matched to the colors shown on the map. Click on the map image to view the detailed version and/or to download a PDF copy.
- Digital Smart Phone Map on Google Maps Libby Hill Trail that you can download to your smart phone to navigate real time while on the trails! Click on link above from your smart phone and save to your favorites on your browser. It will take you to a Google Map of Libby Hill and show you your current location.
- Longest Day 5 K Race Course – The race uses a combination of 4 trails and we now have both a printable map and also a digital map you can use to show your position on the course on your smart phone.
- Trail Descriptions – Here you will find a great overview of our trail system, along with links to pages that provide detail maps and descriptions for each.
- Orienteering Maps
- Libby Farmstead Tour – Explore some of the remnants of the old James Libby homestead. This includes our main stone wall, two foundations, the granite quarry, and various stone piles around the property. Now cartographer, Tracy Ross, has developed a beautiful map that has locations of a number of these remains of the old farm. Use it to do a scavenger hunt with your kids or do some 19th century archeology of your own!
- Tree ID Sign Map – Nearly two dozen tree identification signs are located on the trails. This map is a great scavenger hunt activity for families.
- Maine Trail Finder – the Maine Trail Finder is a great one stop website for finding new hiking trails in Maine. Over 50 hikes within 30 minutes of Gray!
More activity ideas available on our ‘to do’ page.